India Post is the government-operated postal system having its headquarters situated in Sansad Marg, New Delhi. It has been the backbone of country’s communication since its establishment way back in British era on 1st April 1774.
Its operations are going under the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology and Government of India. India Post officially became Indian Postal Service as on 31st March 2011 with more than 154,866 post offices all around the country; it is providing different services to people.The official website of Indian Post is www.indiapost.gov.in.
Being the critical pillar in country’s communication, Indian Postal Service is providing various services such as parcel service, EMS, letter post, recurring deposits, money saving schemes, third-party freight forwarding, delivery etc.
With spectacular service record, it has been operated under 22 postal circles headed by Chief Postmaster General with employee strength of more than 4,70,000 workers, and Indian Postal Service aims to serve customers across the country with all kinds of courier service at the fair price than private companies.
Post Office Recruitment 2016 Notification:
Indian Postal Service announces good news for the candidates seeking their career in Postal Department. Indian Postal Service has recently declared the recruitment for 20,000 candidates which will include Postman, Sorting Assistants, Postal Assistant, Multi-Tasking Staff, Mail Guard and many others.
Candidates are requested to stay in touch with the website www.indiapost.gov.in to get notified about the dates of examination for recruitment.
Interested candidates are requested to go through all the instructions and other eligibility criteria as given below.
- Organization: Indian Postal Office
- Total Vacancies: 20,000 (Approximately)
- Senior Artist
- Hindi Typist
- Stenographers Grade ‘D’
- Stenographers Grade-II
- Higher Selection Grade – I
- Higher Selection Grade – II
- Postman and Mail Guard
- Multi-Tasking Staff
- PS and Private Secretary
- Junior Hindi Translator
- Senior Hindi Translator
- Lower Selection Grade Posts
- Inspector Posts
- Postmaster Cadres
- Postal Service Group ‘B’
- Indian Postal Service Group ‘A’
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle
- Assam Postal Circle
- Bihar Postal Circle
- Chhattisgarh Postal Circle
- Delhi Postal Circle
- Gujarat Postal Circle
- Haryana Postal Circle
- Jammu & Kashmir Postal Circle
- Kerala Postal Circle
- Jharkhand Postal Circle
- Karnataka Postal Circle
- Himachal Postal Circle
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle
- Maharashtra Postal Circle
- North-East Postal Circle
- Odisha Postal Circle
- Punjab Postal Circle
- Rajasthan Postal Circle
- Tamil Nadu Postal Circle
- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle
- Uttarakhand Postal Circle
- West Bengal Postal Circle
- Eligible and interested candidates must have cleared Matriculation or Intermediate examination from a recognized education board.
- The candidates are also required to have completed Diploma/ Graduation/ Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from any recognized University/Institute.
- To know further details about recruitment, candidates are requested to visit department’s official website – indiapost.gov.in.
- Applicant’s age should not be less than 18 years.
- Age relaxation will be provided to the candidates as per the central government guidelines.
Fee for examination:
- The examination fees can be accepted either by online or offline modes as per candidates convenience.
- General and OBC Quota: Rs. 400/- (four hundred only)
- For remaining category candidates: No Fee
- To know detailed salary structure of particular posts, Candidates can refer official website of the Department i.e. indiapost.gov.in.
Modes of Selection:
Only eligible and proficient applicants will be recruited by best marks scored in following two papers:
- Aptitude Test
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Typing Test
How to fill Indian Postal Circle Recruitment Form 2016 online?
- Candidates are first advised to visit the official website of Indian Postal i.e. indiapost.gov.in.
- Candidates are then requested to click on “Career” on the web page.
- Now, candidates can click on the “Notification” link to get relevant information.
- Candidates are now requested to download the available PDF file and read the mentioned points carefully.
- Candidates can now click on “Apply Online” link which will redirect them to the form.
- Candidates are then requested to provide all the correct detail as required in the application.
- Applicants must submit the clear and scanned the passport size colour photograph, signature and other necessary documents.
- After verifying filled details, candidates can click “submit” and check-out the website.
- Candidates are requested to print the acknowledgment for future reference.
Important Dates for the Candidates:
- Starting date: Update soon
- What is the last date to apply: Update soon
- Download India Post Office Job Notification 2016
- Apply Online for Post Office Recruitment 2016 (To be updated soon)
Indian Postal Department will soon circulate the online notification for the candidates who are waiting eagerly. All the aspiring candidates are requested to stay in touch with the website for notification. All the relevant information regarding Indian Postal Department will be updated soon.