BITS – Birla Institute of Technology and Science is one of the Indian Institute that stands for higher education in the country and is also a deemed university, registered under the Section 3, UGC Act 1956.
Established in the year 1964, BITS provide engineering and science education in its programs and is regarded as best engineering institutes among top ranking engineering colleges and B-schools in the country. Admissions in the university are merit-based and can be taken through giving entrance exam for the institute by appearing in BITSAT, the BITS Admission Test.
BASIC DETAILS ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Institution: BITS – Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Who is eligible? New admissions of Integrated First Degree Program
Scholarship: Institute Scholarship 2016-17
Last Date of Application:15 October 2016
DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIPSTO BE AWARDED
BITS has decided to impart scholarships on the performance of their students. Institute will track the performance of its students in the first semester and based on which, they will be awarded with any of the scholarships as classified below:
Merit Scholarships – Under this scholarship, 1 percent students will be compensated with 80 percent of semester fees and 2 percent students with getting their 40 percent semester fees reimbursed.
Merit-cum-Need Scholarship –Under this scholarship, distribution will be as follow:
- 80 percent compensation of semester fees will be covered for 3 percent students.
- 40 percent compensation of semester fees will be covered for 6 percent students.
- 25 percent compensation of semester fees will be covered for 12 percent students.
It is to note that admission fee will not be waived through any of the scholarships provided as per the program and also there is no application required for Merit Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS FOR THE AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Eligibility has been defined by the Board of BITS for the students to avail scholarships. Details are listed below:
- The CGPA will be the criteria to award the scholarship to the student. CGPA of the previous semester may also be considered in the final decision and distribution of the scholarship.
- In the case of Merit-Cum-NeedScholarships, the gross annual income of the parents/guardians of the student must not exceed the amount as prescribed by the Scholarship Committee. The gross annual income as set by the scholarship department for previous year was INR.6,00,000
- There should be no NC report issued to the student the first semester.
- Moreover, there should be no charge of indiscipline to the student.
- The student must not be availing any other scholarship from external sources that puts the student to not to avail any other scholarship. Moreover, students will be required to certify that they are not availing benefits of any other scholarships. Those students, availing fee benefit scheme, will not be eligible to avail this scholarship.
- Decisions taken by the Scholarship Committee will be just and final.
DOCUMENTS AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED
- Salary slip or salary certificate issued from the employer in case if parents are salaried persons. This document must not be dated earlier to 1st April 2016. FORM 16 can also be submitted disclosing the gross annual income.
- Parents or guardians who are receiving pensions should submit the statement issued by their post office/bank from where they withdraw their pension.
- Others can submit the proof of income in the form of the certificate issued by Tehsildar/ Mandal Revenue Officer. They can also submit a notarized affidavit on stamped papers countersigned by a first class Magistrate that shows the gross income of the respective financial year 2016-2017 by the income of the last year i.e. 2015-2016.
HOW TO FILE APPLICATION FOR MERIT-CUM-NEED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR the FIRST SEMESTER
- The online application can be made at the website: http://swd (or http://172.18.7.1) on or before 5.00 PM, Saturday, 15th October 2016. The online application form submission was started on the 03 August 2016.
- After the successful submission of the form, an acknowledgment of the application will be sent to the email registered in the application.
- Income certificates/ Salary slips/ Notarized income declaration documents must be submitted before deadlines as set by the scholarship committee.Details of the applicant must also be submitted along with the details of income of the parents/ guardians. Photocopy of PAN card must be duly attached along with the documents of both the parents if both the parents are employed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All the students are requested to read all the terms and provided information with attention. Also, we request everyone to stay in touch with the official websites of the Institute as well as of scholarships to stay updated with further notifications.
Website of the Institute: – http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/