Food and Supplies Department of Haryana Government is encouraging new schemes for the benefit of its people. As the department deals with food and related supplies, it has introduced the online system for the people using which anyone can apply for Ration card through Online-system on the website of the department i.e haryanafood.nic.in.
The website introduced by Haryana government allows people to different services related to Ration Card. Under the scheme, people of districts such as Faridabad, Sirsa, Gurgaon, Rohtak, Bhiwani etc. will avail benefits.
Details of the Concerned Department
Department: Food and Supplies Department
Address: 30 Bays Building, 2nd Floor, Sector 17-B, Chandigarh – 160017.
Phone No: 0172 – 2706481
Toll-Free Number: State Consumer Helpline – 1800-180-2087; Smart Card Project – 1967 or 1800-180-2090.
Contact Details of Food Supply Officers (DISTRICT WISE)
CLICK HERE to see and download the list of District Food and Supply Officers. Here, one can get contact details and email IDs of these officers using which they can be contacted. This list has complete information of headquarters and District Food and Supplies Controller of the state.
How to get Application form for Ration Card ?
Ration Card application for Haryana can be made through both the modes i.e. Offline and Online. The applicant can download the application form for a New Ration Card from HERE.
To make application for Ration Card in Haryana, the applicant must produce some important documents to the authority along with their application. In the case of Online application, the applicant must upload the scanned copies of these documents while submitting their application. The important documents required are:
- Proof of National Identity: Any of these – Government issued photo identity Card, AADHAR Card, NPR ID, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID Card, Pan Card, Self-Affidavit (attested)
- Proof of Residence: Anyone of these – Electricity Bill, Water Bill, NOC from the landlord with ID proof, rent receipt, Rent agreement, BSNL/MTNL Telephone Bill (Landline), General Power of Attorney, Sales deed.
- Other Compulsory Documents (Anyone of these): Old Ration Card, Surrender Certificate, Affidavit, Deletion Certificate.
Fee for Ration Card Application
The government has set up a fee structure for the application of Ration Card. People belonging to different categories will have to pay a particular amount of money as the Fee.
- Below Poverty Line Families (BPL) have to pay nothing for the Ration Card while other Applicants will have to pay INR. 10.00 as the fee for Ration Card Application.
- If Applicant wants to receive his/her Ration Card via speed post, he/she will have to pay an extra amount of INR. 25.00.
IMPORTANT STEPS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FOR A FRESH/NEW RATION CARD:
People of Haryana districts can file Online Application for Ration besides offline method. The online application procedure is followed by a series of simple steps which are detailed below:
- Applicant is first requested to visit the website of the department (JANSAHAYAK Portal) i.e. http://jansahayak.gov.in/
- After visiting the first page of the website, the applicant must look for click for the suitable option for Online Application of Ration Card.
- Here, the applicant will be redirected to the Application Form of Ration Card. Applicant is requested to provide all the necessary details in the correct form.
- After filling all the details carefully, the applicant is now required to upload all the scanned documents such as a photograph of the head of the family and other important documents declaring the proof of residence and national identity, and affidavit etc.
- Scanned images of the documents should be in GIF, JPG, or PDF format and should not exceed the file size of 100 KB. The photograph should be in the format of GIF or JPG and should not increase the file size of 200 KB.
- After uploading all the required documents following by the important details in different fields, the applicant can now submit his/her Online Application for Ration Card.
- After submitting the application, the applicant will be redirected to the payment page where he/she can make the payment using any of the modes such as internet banking or credit/ debit card.
- After successful submission of application, Ration card will be issued and delivered to the applicant with 15 days of the date of application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All the interested people who wish to make the online application for Ration Card are advised to stay in touch with our website as well as the websites of the department. Also, we request people to read all the information carefully so that they miss out nothing while filling their application form.