Directorate of Urban Local Bodies heading under the governance of Haryana Government is responsible for allotting birth and death certificates to the people of Haryana.Under Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994 under section 42 (16) and registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 under section 57 (2) (i), the government of Haryana issues birth and death certificates to the people of Haryana.
The birth certificate is issued within 3 working days from the date of application and is available free of cost. The issuing authority is the Secretary/ Registrar, Births and Deaths of the region.
Important Documents Required:
Applicants need to produce some documents that are needed by the department in the interest of issuing the birth certificate. The birth certificate can be applied online, but applicant needs to produce some necessary documents which are mentioned under as follows:-
- An application in relation to demanding Birth certificate on plain paper. The application can also be the Performa / format issued by the related authority.
- Some document of the proof of the birth in the name of whose certificate is to be issued.
- A notarized affidavit is also required in case if the application is made after 30 days of the birth of the child. The affidavit must be specifying the exact date, time and place of the birth.
- The affidavit must be attested by Gazette Officer and all other documents must be self-attested.
How to apply online for the Birth Certificate?
Like every other application, the birth certificate also follows a series of steps. Here are some simple steps which are given below and using which, a person can apply online for the birth certificate.
- First of all, applicant or the guardian of the applicant is requested to visit the official website of the Department i.e. http://ulbharyana.gov.in/
- After visiting the website, they are requested to look for and click on the birth certificate option. They can directly click on this link for visiting the application form page on the website: http://online.ulbharyana.gov.in/bdmis/AppDataEntry_Birth_WL.aspx
- Here are different fields in the form asking details of the applicant.
- The first thing in the application form is registration details. Applicants are requested to leave the first option in this area because registration ID will be created after the form is submitted. In this area, date of the registration is needed to be filled.
- Next is the details of the place where the applicant was born. In this area, applicants are requested to provide details of their address in different fields such as:
- District: Applicants will need to select the right district from the list of the districts after clicking on the button in front of this option.
- Tehsil: on clicking the button next to this option, the applicant can select the tehsil from the list.
- Rural/ Urban: Applicants are requested to click on one of this option according to their village or town.
- Registration Unit: They are needed to select the
- Select Hospital/Home: In this option, the applicant needs to click on the name of the hospital from the list in case if the child has its birth at the hospital. If the child has its birth at home, then applicant needs to provide complete address of the home in both Hindi and English language.
- Inthis area, applicants or the guardians of the applicants are required to provide details about the birth such date of the birth, gender, name of the applicant, father’s name and mother’s name in both Hindi and English language.
हिंदी में: -जन्म प्रमाण पत्र के आवेदकों से अनुरोध है के वे इस कॉलम में अपनी जन्म तिथि, लिंग, माता व पिता का नाम हिंदी वअंग्रेजी में लिखें।
- In this section, applicants are required to provide their complete address with all the details such as house name and number, and the nearest landmark or the name of the colony. The address is required in both Hindi and English language.
हिंदी में: –आवेदकों को इस कॉलम में अपना पूर्ण पते का विवरण देना होगा जैसे मकान का नाम/ संख्या, सीमा चिन्ह, व कॉलोनी का नाम।
- In this last section, applicants are required to give their details such as their name, address, mobile phone number and email ID. In this section, applicants are required to provide the scanned images of their important documents as required by the department.
- After rechecking all the important details carefully, applicants can submit their birth certificate form.
- Once the application form has submitted an acknowledgement with registration ID will appear. Applicants are requested to print this page for future reference.
Important note for the applicants and guardians of the applicants: –
All the applicants and guardians of applicants are requested to read all the detailed information carefully before applying for the birth certificate. We welcome all kind of queries and questions related to birth certificates from applicants in the comments section.
Important URL: http://ulbharyana.gov.in/
Direct URL of the online form: http://online.ulbharyana.gov.in/bdmis/AppDataEntry_Birth_WL.aspx