Haryana Government has initiated several schemes for the welfare of its people.“Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana” is the part of the schemes and programs started by Haryana Government for the empowerment of women from all aspects of life. Launched by Shri. Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana on 08 March 2015, this program is governed by the Women and Child Development Department, Haryana Government.
The program deals with focusing on the health of children, nutritive food, and to raise awareness regarding life skill education. For the year 2016, Haryana Government invites application from the parents of the girl child who wish to avail the benefits of the program in terms of financial aid and educational support. The scheme is open for girls coming from all categories and is independent of any religion, or caste, or income etc.
Basic objectives of the Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana
- Empowerment of girls of age 11-18 years by focusing on areas like nutrition, health and education.
- Improvement of sex ratio in state and to remove social stigmas that affect women in a negative way.
- Improvement maternity and child nutrition through awareness.
- Providing women and children a safe and protected environment for their overall outgrowth.
- Protecting women from child marriage, dowry, and domestic violence through awareness and support.
- Empowering women socially and financially and providing rehabilitation to weak and deprived women.
- Eliminating abuse and trafficking of child and women through strong laws.
Benefits of Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana:
The government of Haryana has made it easier for girls and women to avail several benefits through this scheme. The government has kept all the social communities in view while designing the distribution pattern. Benefits provided under the scheme are given below:
- All the Haryana families where the second girl was born on or after 22 January 2015 will get an amount of INR. 21,000.00, independent of their religion, caste, income or the number of their sons.
- Below Poverty Line and Schedule Caste families of Haryana having their first girl child born on 22 January 2015 will get a one time reward of INR. 21,000.00.
- Families having births of twin girls (multiple) on or after 22 January 2015 will be eligible to get a one time amount of INR. 21,000.00, for each girl.
- In the families where they have their second girl child born on or before 21 January 2015 will be eligible for a grant of INR. 5,000.00 for every five years, without any conditions like their religion, caste, income or the number of their sons.
- Families having births of multiple girl child or twins on or before the date 21 January 2015 will receive a sum of INR. 2,500.00 every five years regardless of their religion, caste, income etc.
Eligibility required to avail benefits under Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana
Haryana Department has setup an eligibility structure according to which, parents of girl child can avail benefits under this scheme. The eligibility needed is detailed below:
- It is mandatory for the parents of the girl child to hold domicile of Haryana state if they wish to avail benefits for their daughters under this scheme.
- Women under maternity stage/ Pregnancy should be registered herself or by her family with the nearest Health Department or Anganwadi Kendra. Birth of the girl child should also be registered with the concerned department.
- It is necessary to have the Aadhar number of the girl child. At the time of application Enrolment, Aadhar number of parents can also be accepted.
Steps to fill Form Online
Every application follows a procedure and series of steps. Online/Offline Application form for “Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana” to follow a simple method using which interested people can file their application and avail benefits for their daughters under the scheme.
- Interested and eligible parents of the girl child are requested to obtain the application form from Anganwadi Kendra of their town or area.
- Application form can also be downloaded and taken print from the website of the Department i.e. http://www.wcdhry.gov.in/.
- Eligible parents are requested to fill the application form with all the important details carefully within the time allocated by the government.
- If parents are failed to submit the application form by the time, they can submit it within the period of one year after the birth of their girl child.
We have listed all the necessary information regarding Apki Beti Hamari Beti Yojana Form 2016 above and we request all the interested people to read the instructions carefully. Also, all the people who wish to apply for the benefits under this scheme are advised to stay in touch with the official website of the Women and Child Development Department, Haryana Government i.e. http://www.wcdhry.gov.in/ so that they stay updated all the important notifications related to dates of application.